Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Bread Crumbs 101

Thought i would explain in more detail how i do my bread crumbs- I have made breadcrumbs for the fish I am doing later this week. The important thing with the bread crumbs is that you are not burning the toast... that's why i will put bread in the oven on warm for 2-3 hours- it doesn't brown at all and you can get into a really super fine crumb. So for the fish i made a lemon pepper and cilantro breadcrumb- making it ahead of time is cool- because bread crumb will keep for oh...2-3 weeks or more- in a sealed container or plastic bag.

I toasted 6 pieces of bread in the oven- crushed them into fine pieces, and I do this by putting them in a bowl and then working through them with my hands kind of the same technique you would do with a stress ball!

i added 2 tablespoons of lawrys lemon pepper, and about 1 tsp of dry cilantro.

the only difference between this and your store bought bread crumb- is that there is no additional crap in it- the salts etc.

here's a picture:   

No comments:

Post a Comment