Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Al's Take on Burgers w/ Home Made Onion Rings! (video)



4-20-2011 Carolyn here!! through out dinner all i heard was MORE PLEASE!! the kids LOVED this!!! HAHHAA thank you so very much Allen for sharing this with the blog definitely a KEEPER!!

Original Post starts here:

In the spirit of spring I decided to do some burgers on the grill last night. These burgers have a nice twist! Home made onion rings really make these burgers!

You can make your hamburger however you like. I like a lean cut of meat with a little bit of pink left in the middle. I used a whole grain hamburger bun (all natural no added ingredients!). Some good cheese, pickles, and lettuce. You can top it however you like, the thing that makes these are the home made onion rings.

Home made onion rings.

These are really easy. You will want to pick an onion ring batter mix from the store. The mix I got called for 3/4 cup of water. Mix the two together to make your batter. In a deep frying pan you want to heat about an inch on olive oil. I used light olive oil for frying. You will want to let the oil get hot, but not to hot. It is good to use a "test ring" to make sure you have the right temperature. So, you will want to cut your sweet onion up so it makes rings. Then dip them in the batter and simply place them in the oil. Cook until golden brown and remove. My first ring cooked why to fast and burned! I turned the heat down and the rest came out great.





These onion rings are so good, they stand alone no problem. Just make sure you get some on your burger! Happy Eating!

1 comment:

  1. Every time I have had these onion rings at your house, they have been fabulous. I am never brave enough to fry them. But now I just might have to try. Presentation is wonderful. Good job!

    ReplyDelete