Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Bacon wrapped *stuffed* Chicken Breast

I made this for my Mom and Dad, Jim oh..2 years ago- And Dad says this is the BEST chicken breast he has ever had!! THE BEST!! My Mom and I always get a good giggle when I tell her I am making this for dinner, she'll say "OH, Carolyn Are you making THE BEST CHICKEN BREAST EVER!!!"  HAHAHAA

Here it is:

4 chicken breasts pounded thin
4 servings of mashed potato (make it easy on yourself, i bought a pack of "loaded" potato mix by Betty Crocker for .89)
4 strips bacon

Tonight i had some mozzarella i needed to use so i threw that in there too.

Prepare your potatoes to package direction.

Pound your chicken breast thin and then flip them, fill the middle with your potato and cheese if you wish then you fold your chicken and wrap it in the bacon (see the picture)
I cooked them covered in a glass baking dish with a cap full of oil at 375 for 30 min and then uncovered at 425 15 minutes (or untill done)

served tonight with a salad and left over beans from last night.


here they are pounded and filled:

AND here they are wrapped and ready for the Oven:

No comments:

Post a Comment