Search This Blog

Saturday, February 19, 2011

CheeseBurger Soup!!

Hi everyone! My name is Allen and I am Carolyn's brother. I will be posting up some fine eats from a guys perspective :)

For my first post I have something really great to share that turned out awesome!

This one takes some time to put together (1hr 20min), but it is well worth the wait! I saw this on an episode of Diners, Drive-ins, and dives and decided it looked so good I had to try it for my self!

What you will need.....

1. One pound of lean ground beef
2. One pint of Half and Half
3. One Large Sweet Onion
4. Fresh Lettuce
5. Fresh Tomato
6. 16oz of Chicken Stock
7. Bacon (my addition)
8. 1/4cup flour mixed with 3/4cup of water
9. Half block of Velveeta cheese cubbed
10. Three Tablespoons of butter

In a big pot you will want to cook the sweet onion in the butter until it is translucent (chopped up first). While that is cooking, cook your ground beef like you would to make taco's, just without the seasoning. Also cook your bacon. Drain the grease off the ground beef and bacon (broken up) and add to your onions. Next, you add the chicken stock and flour mixture and bring to a boil (make sure nothing sticks to the bottom). After it has come to a boil, you need to add the Velveeta and half and half. Turn the heat down and let the cheese melt. Add salt and pepper as desired.

Place a cover on the pot and let cook for about an hour. When it is done add the diced lettuce and tomato to the individual bowels.



This turned out really good! Full of flavor! Here is a link to how they made it on the show. Enjoy!



2-26-2011
Carolyn here :** I made this tonight and it was great, a nice flavor- very rich and creamy. I did substitute the half and half for 1 cup milk and 1 cup heavy cream- i also used a sea salt-  I didn't have any bacon on hand- however i think the bacon would of given it a nice smokey taste- I considered adding bacon grease but passed as I am trying to eat a little more on the healthy side. Also- adding the tomato and lettuce to the bowl really made this dish!! This is a meal in itself, no need for any sides thats for sure, it is very filling. I give this one a- "thumbs up"
my picture:

No comments:

Post a Comment