Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Pork chops /applesauce

I made my own Italian breadcrumbs see link on the how to-
http://chucklesgrill28.blogspot.com/2011/02/bread-crumbs-101.html

breadcrumbs, I used 3 pieces of bread, 1/2 cup Parmesan, 1 tsp oregano, 1 tsp basil.

I took semi frozen boneless pork chops dipped them in egg, and then in breadcrumbs- next i browned them in a skillet using a little oil. Next i put about 1/3cup water in my crock pot and put my chops in cooked them on low for... 4 hours they were fall apart tender for dinner. they actually cooked faster than i thought,  i think my crock pot is super strong. so i had to keep them on "warm" for an hour.

APPLESAUCE- have you ever made your own? I started last apple season. It's simple and really yummy! you can eat it warm or serve it chilled.

I took 4 good size Fuji apples. peeled/cored them cut them into chunks and boiled them until they were nice and soft. it takes a good 20/25 minutes. I put the apples in my blender, added just over 1/2 cup of the apple water, 1/4cup sugar and alittle cinnamon. and blended it until it was smooth.


here are the chops in the skillet:

and here are the FANTASTIC bread crumbs!

Really enjoyed dinner tonight, the pork was tender, the applesauce a nice compliment- and on the side we had sliced cucumbers.


Carolyn here: I made these for dinner tonight 2-28-2011
the only thing i did different was not make my own breadcrumbs, and i started them completely defrosted. Now, for some reason they are not as crunchy as they were the first time and they have been in a full 4 hours and still aren't ready. I am not really sure what happened this time around. They still taste good, the out come was just not as perfect as the last time. just thought i would share. Also there is more liquid left in the crock pot. Who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment