Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

spicy chicken nuggets




My husband LOVES heat! He loves spicy wings, and those spicy nuggets from Wendy's. Tonight I made the kids chicken nuggets, and reserved a chicken breast for him, good thing because by the time he got home the kids had eaten (i helped) all 32 nuggets.

Sooo i made him a spicy batch and good Lord they turned out great!

Breadcrumbs I make my own :http://chucklesgrill28.blogspot.com/2011/02/bread-crumbs-101.html
- and then  I added:

cayenne pepper
sea salt
garlic powder
sage

I cut the chicken breast into chunks and put it in a bowl with mayo and some Texas Pete hot wing sauce gave it a good mix and then rolled in the bread crumbs. Put these guys on a cookie sheet with a cap and half of oil oven set at 425 cooked 20 minutes turning half way through

I can't give you exact measurements on the spices.. it is all going to be according to YOUR taste. I can tell you that they are crunchy and absolutely fantastic, probably the best part is they are not deep fried and they didn't come from a restaurant!

No comments:

Post a Comment