Search This Blog

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Sloppy Joes






Hello everyone! I'm so excited to share some of my favorite recipes with you. Before I get to the recipe let me share alittle about me :) Carolyn and I met when we were kids in school. I am currently a SAHM (college student) with 4 kids, ages 11, 9, 7, & 3 so I know how frustrating dinner can be. I am not a great cook but have been lucky to come across some great recipes! Okay so on to dinner... Tonight we are having Sloppy Joes. I know your thinking that you could just go grab a can of manwhich but... Do you really know what's in that can and if your on a budget it gets pretty expensive to feed a family of six (or however many you may have).






What you will need for dinner tonight is:


2 lbs. ground beef

2TBLS chopped onion

1 can tomato soup

1/2 cup catsup

4 TBLS brown sugar

1/2 tsp chili powder

1 1/2 tsp worchestire sauce

1 tsp salt

1 1/2 tsp dry mustard

Cook ground beef in skillet. Add onions; continue to cook until soft and transparent. Drain. Add remaining ingredients; simmer 20-30 minutes. Serve on hamburger buns.

So we just had chips with dinner because we were just finishing swim practice and headed to Girl Scouts so it was a busy night. You could have coleslaw, potatoe salad or any other kind of salad with it.


One more side note: This recipe freezes well so I normally double it and freeze half. Just put it in a freezer bag and label it :) I LOVE being able to cook once and eat twice!


Hope your family enjoys it as much as mine :)

No comments:

Post a Comment