Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Grilled Chicken Ceasar Salad, Loaded potato skins

60 degrees in Omaha today!! Another great grilling adventure took place? OH YEAH!!

Onto the potato skins, I know you all have seen these guys in the freezer section at the store for 8 bucks, you don't have to go that route you CAN make these at home.

Tonight I had a good meal, let me tell you! This is what i did:

I took two potatoes, cooked them in the microwave until done, then I halved them. Took a spoonful of the center out and mixed it with a little bit of butter, salt and pepper- then i took a shallow baking dish put a cap full of oil in it- placed the potato skins in and then put a teaspoon of the filling in smoothed it, then a little shredded cheddar cheese topped with real bacon bits. cooked in the oven for about 15-20 min at 350.

*alittle side note- if you like the salted skins a red lobster then add sea salt to the oil in the dish and rub the skins around a bit., thats what i do!!

For the salad i had two chicken breast i pounded them thin sprinkled them with a little sea salt, and some oil- I lit the grill and waited until the coals were all grey, I cooked the chicken covered about 12min a side.

when the chicken was cooked i put it on a cutting board and cut it then mixed it with Cesar dressing.

the lettuce was chopped romaine, along with a little Parmesan, and some croutons.

so for this meal you need:

oil
1 tbl butter
salt
Caesar dressing
2 chicken breast
croutons
romaine lettuce
Parmesan
shredded cheddar cheese
bacon bits
2 potatoes....

and a grill!

1 comment:

  1. I am going to comment lol- I LOVE CEASAR SALAD and these potato skins rock! i have done green onion and sour cream on them before as well!!

    ReplyDelete