Search This Blog

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Shrimp Stir Fry w/ chow mein noodles


I used a sun-bird  stir fry seasoning pack and followed package directions for the sauce.

snow peas (1 bag)
shrimp (1 pound)
chow mein noodles
ginger (1 tsp minced)
oil
mushrooms (sliced)
cabbage *i had a bag of coleslaw so that's what I used* (and I only put maybe 1 cup of it in)
green onion\ (about 3 chopped)
broccoli (1 bag)


directions:

first I mixed the sauce and set it aside. then I took about 3 tbl of oil heated it in a large skillet ( I do not own a wok) Once the oil was hot I put the  ginger, broccoli  and snow peas in and gave them a little head start about 3 minutes next I added the cabbage, and green onions. about 2 minutes. then I added the mushrooms, and shrimp and I covered to "steam" the shrimp. when the shrimp was cooked i added the sauce  and let it simmer until thick.

the noodles cooked in three minutes directions are to boil for 3 minutes and then rinse with cold water.

At the very end I dumped the shrimp mixture over the noodles and tossed, then served.

Chinese Take Out done right at home!!



Aren't these fresh ingredients PRETTY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment