Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Country style ribs (pork) Italian dressing (VIDEO)




link for mustard sauce:
http://chucklesgrill28.blogspot.com/2011/02/mustard-bbq-sauce-perfect-forpork.html


link for the applesauce:
http://chucklesgrill28.blogspot.com/2011/02/pork-chops-applesauce.html

First I have to say thank you MOM! She is the one who gave this recipe to meeeeee :)

simple- 2 ingredients... meat and salad dressing!

I bought about 2 pounds of boneless pork country style ribs- put them in the freezer. This morning i took them out and defrosted just enough to get them out of the package and put them into my crock pot- but before i put them in, i squirted some Italian dressing in the bottom of the crock pot- about 1/4 inch.
placed my ribs in, and then put more dressing on top- i used roughly half of the 16fl oz bottle. the dressing i used was the Walmart brand zesty Italian dressing.

set the crock pot on cook low 8 hours. about 3pm i gave them a stir and pulled out the fat.

for sides tonight i have a coleslaw (i love slaw ON my sandwich) and... i made a mustard BBQ sauce. Hard rolls, and corn. My secret to cole slaw is Marzetti.. slaw sauce.

By no means do you have to make sandwiches with this. This pork would be great on egg noodles, or rice, or.. mashed potatoes.


This is the meat in my crockpot done~

2 comments:

  1. This pork is truly delicious and so easy for a hot summer day. I have made this for years and it is an easy go to dinner for us. Like Carolyn says so good on sandwiches or over noodles or rice. Or just on your plate with sides! Everyone who loves ribs, but doesn't want the mess of sauce all over their face, shirt, hands or table should try them like this! Highly recommend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deeeelicious! Scccrumptioos!
    I pretended it my MY cooking invention. My family, and my guests' families now think I am a Epicurean Genius!

    ReplyDelete