Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

BBQ shredded chicken (crock pot)


This morning I wanted to fix something that would be ready when we got home from our health screening, I knew Aaron and I would be hungry for dinner, and not want to wait until 6pm to eat. So this is what I did:

I took 4 frozen chicken breast
1 bottle of generic bbq sauce
1/3 cup water

put it in the crock pot and set it on low for 8 hours.... THAT'S IT, the chicken fell apart when stirred, so it was not necessary to pull it with a fork. pretty easy!

Since we are watching calories and carbs I didn't serve it as a sandwich, but you certainly could, and i recommend it! Instead we had corn bread muffins, pickles, and some really good BBQ baked beans. The kids loved it, and I really enjoyed it! Aaron added jalapenos to his.

this is the chicken in the crock pot:

No comments:

Post a Comment