Search This Blog

Monday, March 21, 2011

Greek Pasta Salad (cheat meal)

Dinner was good tonight, I kinda feel bad for eating the pasta, but this was the one "cheat" meal. I hadn't made this before, I am pleased with it. I think this pasta dish would work great with grilled chicken or fish.
 
 
 
3 cups uncooked penne pasta- ( I used Ziti)
2 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered- (tonight I only had 2 Roma tomatoes)
1 cucumber, halved lengthwise, sliced
4 green onions, sliced thin
1/3 cup Kalamata olives, pitted, halved
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup lemon juice
2 tbsp. fresh snipped basil (didn't have fresh, had..dry and only used 1 tsp)
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
4 tsp. minced garlic from a jar
1/4 tsp. each salt and pepper
1 cup reduced-fat Feta cheese, crumbled
 
 

Cook pasta as directed on package; drain. Rinse under cold water, drain. In a large bowl, toss together pasta, tomatoes, cucumber, green onions, and olives. In a mason jar, combine oil, lemon juice, basil, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper. Cover, shake well.
Drizzle over pasta mix. Toss to coat.
Cover, chill for 2 hours to allow flavors to blend. Add Feta cheese, toss.
Serve!!
 
I made some home made applesauce, and had some great garlic bread with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment